Nitrous Oxide Now Available at MFS and FCC
Dr. Bastuba is pleased to announce that, starting later in May, Male Fertility & Sexual Medicine Specialists (MFS) and Fertility Center of California (FCC) will be introducing the use of nitrous oxide to both practices with the Pro-Nox system, an analgesic delivery device manufactured by CareStream America.
The Pro-Nox system provides a 50/50 mix of Oxygen and Nitrous Oxide and will be offered to MFS and FCC patients undergoing in-office procedural care. The system rapidly deploys the analgesic to help ease a patient's pain and anxiety. The combination of 50% N2O and 50% O2 is an effective analgesic that provides quick pain relief and recovery while also giving the patient a sense of control.
The system guarantees a 50/50 delivery of the gases, making it extremely safe. The patient holds a small mouthpiece and, when they inhale, the combined gases fill their lungs. When they exhale, the gas stops flowing and a secondary tube takes the gas away.
Dr. Bastuba has chosen this system for a variety of reasons, including:
- It is safe and effective. In fact, it has been used by hospitals and medical practices for decades.
- The analgesic is patient-administered, which empowers patients to respond to their pain and anxiety when they need to
- It has a quick onset – the analgesic takes effect in seconds
- The duration of the effect is short – the analgesic clears from the body within minutes, allowing the patient to drive home shortly after the case.
- It helps to relieve pain and control anxiety.
For a limited time, we are having an introductory price of $99 per case. Afterward, patients will be charged $129 per case.
To learn more about nitrous oxide, the Pro-Nox system, or our vasectomy reversal procedures, please contact Male Fertility & Sexual Medicine Specialists.